Its that time of year when all Durban foodies look forward to all year.Taste of Durban is almost here with just under a week to go.The event is scheduled for the 24 to 26 July 2015.In other words that where I will be next weekend.The thing I love about this event is the fact that we get the chance to sample starter size portions of food from amazing eateries in the Durban area some new and some not so new.Its a fun day out with friends especially foodie friends.
Some of the most eat things this year include :
* Castle Milk Stout Experience – Castle Milk Stout will bring a taste experience to be savoured to Taste of Durban 2015. Chill out in the marquee and lounge area, complete with the ambient sounds and a tasting experience that shows the full credentials of the full and complex flavours of Milk Stout and its pairing with food.
* Robertsons Ultimate Burger Class
Become your family’s ultimate burger king or queen by learning how to create the best burgers at this year’s Taste of Durban, where Robertsons Herbs & Spices will be bringing in the foodie experts to reveal their secrets to creating the ultimate burger. From preparing the tastiest, juiciest meat patties to adding the perfect combination of spices, participants in the Robertsons Ultimate Burger Classes will take burger making to a new level as they work with meat experts and celebrity chefs to learn this tasty talent. The Spice People serve up this mouthwatering feature at the Taste of Durban, with meat expert Caroline McCann from Braeside Meats, local culinary expert Justin Bonello, and Robertsons Executive Chef Craig Elliott. But the excitement does not stop there, as one lucky Robertsons Ultimate Burger Class participant, could win Justin’s latest book, Road Tripping. You also get to walk away with a braai caddy filled with the latest Robertsons spices.
* Butcher’s Block with Two Oceans Wines – As a country of meat lovers, it’s always good to know your head from your tail. Make your way to the Butcher’s Block, where you will learn about the varieties of meat, the various cuts, how to buy, prepare and cook meat to perfection and where Two Oceans Wines will show you how and when to pair their wines with each cut.
* The Bacardi Mixology Theatre & Cocktail Lounge – Enter the exciting world of mixology and experience the magic of craft bartending. In the theatre, you will have the opportunity to learn how to craft your own Bacardi cocktails under the guidance of an expert Mixologist. The lounge offers a relaxing space with a DJ mixing great tunes while the bartenders do some mixing of their own.
* BP Wild Bean Café – Two millions cups of Wild Bean Café coffee are sold and enjoyed every year. BP Wild Bean Cafés use only 100% top-quality Arabic beans – sourced from Tanzania, Gautemala, El Salvador and Brazil – offering the best combination of sweetness, acidity and bitterness. At Taste of Durban, our Wild Bean Café Baristas will hand-make your favourite coffee, latte or hot chocolate to perk you up and keep you going!
Now for all the important information you need to know about Taste of Durban :
Taste of Durban Festival CROWNS
Crowns can be purchased at the festival from the Taste Bank or Crown Sellers walking around the festival grounds. Visitors use Crowns to purchase sample dishes and drinks from the various exhibiting restaurants, bars and exhibitors. Each Crown is worth R5. Change is offered in Crowns only.
TASTE OF DURBAN 2015 – FAST FACTS
What, Where, When, How…
– Friday 24 July: 18h00 – 22h00
– Saturday 25 July: 12h30 – 16h30; 18h00- 22h00
– Sunday 26 July: 12h30 – 17h30
Venue : Suncoast
Tickets are limited and booking is recommended – for further information and bookings visit www.ticketpro.co.za
– Standard Ticket – *R80 – Entrance to the festival including a glass
– Premium Ticket – *R180 – Entrance to the festival including a
tasting glass plus R100 worth of Crowns (the official currency)
- Taste Clubhouse Ticket – R750 – Fast Track entry to the festival, a tasting glass, R150 Crowns, a private clubhouse to use as a base for the show with a complimentary bar service (wine, malt and soft drinks) plus a Taste of Durban Gift.
I have 4 sets of tickets to giveaway for Taste of Durban.To win simply follow me @verushka143 and @TasteofDurban and tweet the following “I want to @TasteofDurban with @verushka143 #TasteDBN.
Giveaway is open from today till Monday the 20 July 2015.
Winners must be Durban based.