Just the other day,I pulled out old photo albums filled with memories of days gone by. It was almost magical picking up a photo and running my fingers over the gloss or matte finishes. My mum has a ton of these memory keepers aka photo albums some stained by age. As I paged through these I wished that I could share these images with others but alas there are no digital copies unless I scan them.
This then got me thinking about photography,mobile phones and how things have changed. We now document our lives and memories on our phones on a daily basis. Epic scenery shots of nature are taken as well as the ever popular #selfies. These images are all shared on various Social Media platforms and are visible to millions of people around the world unless your account settings are private. Each of us have now become budding photographers as we have learnt to take perfect photos and to edit our pictures thus creating masterpieces. These images we capture are too beautiful to be just shared online.
I discovered a local company called PrintWild earlier this year. PrintWild is a local South African family run business. A father and son duo are the owners of this business which turn our fantastic pictures into beautiful pieces of art to show the world. Their ordering system is rather easy and quick and can be done either on a PC or your mobile phone. All it takes is 3 easy steps to order your prints :
- Take a picture with your mobile phone or camera.
- Upload image/s to the PrintWild website either via a PC or your phone,choose how you want your pictures printed and press send.
- In roughly 2 weeks your prints will arrive on your doorstep ready to hang.
PrintWild offer not only canvas but Faceblocks, framed , mounted and acrylic prints. A variety of mediums for you to choose from. One of the most popular products are the Faceblocks. These are 15cm X15cm images that are printed , put onto shutterply board and sprayed with a protective coating. Such a fantastic way to share your special memories in your home or office. For more information check out their website www.printwild.co.za.
I have always had this vision in my head to create a photo wall in my home. The wall will include images of loved ones, my travels and special moments in my life. I have a few sayings and quotes that I love so having them printed would be a great reminder of wise words. PrintWild are defo the people to make my vision into a reality.
I have teamed up with PrintWild to host a fantastic giveaway. A few weeks ago my home town Durban was announced as the host city of the 2022 Commonwealth Games. It is a indeed a proud moment for South Africa to host these games especially after hosting a very successful Soccer World Cup in 2010. Durban is a beautiful and vibrant city filled with hidden gems , iconic landmarks,delicious food and warm and friendly people. It is no wonder is was chosen as the host city.
Now for the giveaway… A R300 voucher from PrintWild for 1 A4 Budget Stretched Canvas or 5 PrintWild Faceblocks!
This is what you need to do :
- Share your own images of Durban taken by you on Twitter and Instagram only.These can be images of all the beauty that is found in Durban from its people to the iconic sites to the cultural diversity.
- All images must tag @verushka143 and @printwild on either Twitter or Instagram and follow both accounts.The hashtag #Durban2022 and #ReadyToInspire must be included in all pictures posted for a valid entry.
- Giveaway runs from today 16th October 2015 till the 27 October 2015.
- This giveaway is only open to residents of South Africa.
The winner will be contacted shortly there after.
I cant wait to see and share your beautiful images of Durban with the world. Have you ever printed pics from your mobile? When was the last time you did?
Be Inspired !