Only Human
It is that crazy time of year. We are frantically finishing off work projects,attending Christmas parties and shopping for the Festive season. It is also a time when our emotions are not always on check.
Our body and minds are tired and stressed out. Often we experience a meltdown which sends our emotions on a rollercoaster. Tantrums surface and we often speak without thinking. This state of mind can be a dangerous path as it could lead to a place of depression and often self destruction.
It is OK and not the end of the world.We are only human not robots without feelings and emotions. You can get through it by :

1. Crying it out.
  2. Going for a long walk.
  3. Talking to a friend.
  4. Eating comfort food.
  5. Go for a swim.
  6. Meditate.
  7. Spring Clean your home.
  8. Make bread.
  9. Adult colouring.
  10. Listen to happy music.

So basically a Timeout is needed. This allows you to refocus ,be grateful for what you have and move on. Part of this process is Letting Go of all the things and people who no longer serve you. I dare you to be a blessing to someone, when we care for others it helps us feel better and it can change a life.
It is important to “Shake it off” in the wise words of Taylor Swift. Put on your sparkling charm and focus on what is important and how you going to get there. The past can not be changed but our future can. Dont waste time use it wisely.
What do you do to refocus ? Have you ever experience a meltdown?
Be Inspired !
Ciao
Spicegoddess Signature-1

Only Human #TuesdayTruth
Tagged on:

13 thoughts on “Only Human #TuesdayTruth

• December 8, 2015 at 6:47 pm

Love this. Have been going through a meltdown, deciding on whether to change jobs, holidays, ’tis the season kind of stuff. I’m starting to see the light again, but it’s been a rough two weeks. I like the line, “…just don’t unpack and live there.” Time for me to move 🙂

• December 8, 2015 at 6:53 pm

I have to say I read this post with a sense of achievement this year. I am normally rushing around like something possessed by this time of year, both in my business and personal life. I decided this year things were going to be different. I shopped early. I set up systems and planned well in my business and things are incredibly calm. Whether that will still be the case on my last day of business for 2015 on the 23rd December… Well, we’ll wait and see.

• December 8, 2015 at 7:18 pm

Good on you Wendy ! I also shop in advance and during the sales x

• December 8, 2015 at 10:23 pm

Great post! I have an adult coloring book on my Christmas list 🙂

• December 9, 2015 at 9:48 pm

That reminds me that is something I need to do over my summet holiday.

• December 9, 2015 at 8:42 am

Thanks for this. Self-care has become so important to me, and it’s good to remember that it’s ok to fall apart, as long as you pick yourself up again afterwards.

• December 9, 2015 at 4:35 pm

Great Post. I must say going for long walks along the beach has done wonders for me 🙂

• December 12, 2015 at 3:17 pm

Some great ideas on your list Verushka – thank you. I find wrapping up in my winter woolies and getting somme fresh air really great for allowing myself a little head space.

• December 13, 2015 at 7:52 am

Thank you for reading.Perfect way I recall doing that when I lived in London x

• December 13, 2015 at 3:53 pm

Great ideas here for ‘timeouts’. I’m a “hold-it-all-in” girl and so yes, meltdowns happen on a somewhat regular basis. I’m working on being better at being more immediate and not holding it all in so I can decrease the intensity of my meltdowns. This post gave me some great starts!