Every cuisine in the world has their version of making meatballs. It is a popular dish no matter where in the world it comes from. Each version has a selection of unique herbs,spices and flavours added to it. Different cooking methods are used from grilling to frying to outdoor grilling over coals.
Today I am sharing with you a recipe for Lamb Kebab Chutney done Indian style. In our home and most Indian homes in South Africa this dish is a popular and famous family favourite. At most Indian eateries This dish is also featured and is also very popular. This dish is a simple yet packs a punch of flavours which your family will love.
1kg Lamb mincemeat
2 finely chopped onion
2 spring onions chopped
salt to taste
1 tsp white pepper
100g chopped coriander
3 green chillies or more if you like it more spicy.
- Chop up all ingredients.
- Add to mincemeat and egg.
- Mix well form into balls and leave in refrigerator for an hour if you are cooking it on same day.
- These can be made and frozen and are perfect for a quick meal.
- Pan fry until golden brown 10/15 minutes.
- Make a tomato chutney add meatballs to this.
- Serve with rice, pasta, roti , salad ( banting friendly)
- Chicken or steak mince can be used.
Do you make meatballs ? What do you add to your recipe ?
Be Inspired !