When I flew off to Kerala to join the #KeralaBlogExpress , never in a million years did I think of all the life lessons I would gain on my two-week journey . With the hashtag #ATripOfALifetime nothing prepared me for what I learnt and how much value it has given to my life.
Joining 29 strangers for two weeks on a bus is rather nerve wrecking. But the warmth ,love and care I experienced changed everything. After two weeks I gained 29 amazing friends from all parts of the world. Each friend with their own unique story and lessons to teach me. Friends I thank you and hope to see you all somewhere soon in the World again.
10 Life Lessons :
- Learn to travel light. Luggage wise and emotionally. Stop getting pulled back by worldly goods and expectations. Live a simple life.
- Language is not a barrier to communication. Just because someone does not speak English as their first language do not let it stop you from starting a conversation. Sometimes non verbal communication is more powerful. Each day I miss hearing the accents from around the world.
- Sharing is caring.When we share it shows are care and consideration for others. It does not matter how what you share but share it makes the world a better place.
- Everyone has a story to tell. So stop talking and start listening. You will be amazed what you will learn.
- Stop and appreciate the world around you. We get so caught up in the rat race of life that we forget to slow down and take in the beauty around you. And sometimes that even means not taking a photo of that moment.
- Networking is vital and no man is an island. Share ideas ,ask for help and make new friends along the way.
- Travelling changes your life. In so many ways does your perception of life change that sometimes you stop and think why did I not do this sooner ?
- Experience new things and take chances. You will be rather surprised just how much you enjoy new experiences. Sometimes we need to step out of our comfort zones to truly experience life
- . Turning dreams into reality is totally possible. I am inspired by my fellow travel buddies to pursue my dreams of turning my blog into a full-time paying job. My friends have taught that nothing is impossible and the world is your oyster.
- I am not defined by what I wear and own. Instead I am defined by the person I am ,my ability to inspire and motivate others. Too often we get caught up in the material world and forget about the morals and values in life.
Being selected to join the #KeralaBlogExpress has changed my life. I have learnt so much about who I am and what I now want from life. Sometimes we need to go on a journey to discover who we are and what we want from life. Often what we thought we wanted is not what we really want or need. One thing for sure I know that all I know want to do is travel the world and experience everything.
I have recently started following The Blog and today’s post falls under “The Best Life Lesson”.
Why do you travel ? What have you learnt from your travel adventures?