And just like that 2019 is here , and we are already hitting the ground running for this year. Unlike years gone by this New Year feels rather different for me. I woke up to 2019 feeling much more positive , stronger and most of all OK with my world. I feel as if all the lessons, hurdles and victories of 2018 , has prepared me for what is to come in 2019.And YES I am ready so lets get this show on the road.
New Years Day is never easy for me and especially since my Dad passing away , it has made me become a recluse for a few days on either side of the New Year. But life has taught me over the last 7 years to actually survive and cope. So in comparison to years gone by I feel totally in control and know what I want and what I need to do to get my 2019 goals achieved. Over the years I too jumped onto the bandwagon and set my self long lists of resolutions to get through the year. But like many before and many right now I fell over my resolutions and nothing was really achieved. Last year I decided to do something different and change the world resolution to goals as I find goals more user friendly.I managed to meet some of my goals last year so for 2019 I will be working on those I did not fully complete and improve on those that I did meet.
I have decided to break down what I hope to work towards into smaller and targeted areas for each goal of 2019.My first list are the goals I intend on working on every day and some are even goals from years gone by. I have kept this list rather small and have made them my daily mantra.
My 2019 Goals
- Be a kinder human.
- Learn more patience
- Master the Art of LETTING GO.
- Learn a new language
- It is OK to say NO and YES only when I feel it sits well with me
- Become mindful of everything I do ,safe ,travel and eat.
Having a blog is one thing BUT maintaining it and keeping it relevant is another thing.As I have a full time job , and I find time I not always kind to me and often I wish I had more hours in my day or even a PA to help me.So going into 2019 I have some blog goals I want to work on. Besides everything I tend to also procrastinate about doing things and often they just get pushed to the back burner and every now and again I tend to remind myself that these things need to get done sooner rather than later.2019 , I am going to make you accountable and get things done this year and not give up or get stuff in a rut.I have already started working on some of these goals so YES this means I am already winning.
2019 Blog Goals
- Write 4 blog posts a month at least.
- Increase my Instagram following to 10 000. Are you following me on IG?
- Finally sort out my media kit.
- Work on my Pinterest account as a medium to drive traffic to my blog.
- Learn more about SEO.
- Connect with more local South African PR companies and brands and build good relationships.
- Increase paid work for my blog and do this on a regular basis. So if you are a PR or a brand get in touch with me so we can collaborate firstname.lastname@example.org
Everything in life is dependant on having good health. This does mean more time to spend on self care. A few years ago the word self care was like a buzz word here there and everywhere but it seems to have faded BUT to me these two words have stayed at the front of my mind and I constantly aware of taking care of me and without my health and well being a lot of things would not be possible. Self care is closely associated with health goals so with this in mind I am focusing on the following goals for 2019.
2019 Health Goals
- Drink more water.
- Decrease the amount of fast food I eat.
- Make healthier and wiser food choices.
- Increase my vegetable and fruit intakes.
- Become more active.
Travelling is one of my passions in life and yes I have the travel bug.If I was given the choice to travel forever I would so totally take it. I live , eat and breathe travel. And since becoming a blogger I spend a lot of time reading online blogs and blogs around the world of travel.Even my choices of what I watch on TV are based on food and travel.SO yes it is correct to I am a travel addict and I am proud of my addiction.
2019 Travel Goals
- Travel more locally in South Africa.
- Travel in AFRICA this is a major one for me as I feel that I personally have done very little AFRICA travel.
- Travel aboard to at least one new destination this year and this will be my goal every year going forward .Having a full time job and not having an unlimited bank balance means I need to save and make certain adjustments to my lifestyle to enable this goal.
- I want to explore more wine regions of South Africa.
- Visit at least one UNESCO World Heritage Site internationally and 1 locally in South Africa .
Having two jobs is no easy task , so I have to make sure I plan well so that both get my attention.Ultimately I WOULD love to be able to work remotely and that is something I will continue to strive for. So besides blogging I have a full time job as a Tourism Lecturer which is fantastic as I am able to combine my love of travel and teaching.
Sometimes I tend to feel overwhelmed but this year I have decided to set some goals to help me be more productive and less stressed.
2019 Work Goals
- Work smarter not harder.
- Maintain a work /life/blog balance.
- Work ahead of deadlines.
- Be organised.
- Learn to take time off.
Every day I want to live and be a better person than who I was yesterday. And that means taking time out , resting , contacting with the real world and becoming more conscious of my world and my impact on the world.We often get caught with life and forget about the lil things which actually make life easier and better. So having these goals are a reminder to myself to be better and do more but more of the right things.
2019 Daily Life Goals
- Have some quiet time every single day.
- Get to bed early.
- Switch off from the digital world it is OK not to be online 24/7.
- Be grateful for one thing every single day.
- Start reading.
- Be in the NOW.
- Become conscious of my thoughts, actions and what I feed my body , mind and soul with.
- Be a kind human not only to others but to myself.
- It is OK not to be OK.
- SMILE more.
Welcome to the life of Verushka aka the SpiceGoddess. I am most excited for what you will bring for me. Over the last few years your sisters have been rather awesome filled with many lessons, blessings and exciting adventures. AND I expect nothing less from you.Already my diary is filling up with some exciting adventures so watch this space. I have set a bunch of goals for 2019 to help me better person and to work more productively.I have a gut feeling that 2019 is going to be rather spectacular and filled with so much more.2019 , here I am and let’s get this show on the road.
What are some of your 2019 GOALS ?