For the last two weeks, I have been kind of missing online including my Social Media platforms. Today I will explain why :
- I have been diagnosed with Tension Headaches. So I am currently on strong medication and having bed rest. The headaches come and go and I kind of feel helpless. But guess it is also my body telling me to slow down.
- My Dad …. 5 years ago my Dad passed away on New Year’s morning. So this time of year is very difficult for my family and I.It is a time I retreat away and try to deal with my feelings.
A heart that is loved , is never forgotten….
It is hard to believe that you have not been around for the last 5 years. So much has happened , so much has changed BUT one thing remains the same and that is you are always missed.
In our family we have now 2 furkids Zara and Chai. They are both so naughty but so adorable. Can you believe it I have 2 dogs considering how afraid I always was. Mum moans about them but she really loves the two new additions.
Nico has gotten married and this March will be two years.Very hard to believe the “Party Boy” has settled down. The wedding was in Mauritius ,where you and Mum went on your honeymoon. As much as it was a happy moment we all really missed you not been with us.
In our extended family ,we have had to say Goodbye to so many loved ones. We also have had so many weddings and new babies in the family. But I am sure you are busy having a party with all your family in heaven.
As for me ……when you asked me to come home in 2010 , I never knew what life had in store for me but I listened to you and am grateful you pushed me to do this. Where do I start …
- I got accepted to do my Masters. My proposal was accepted but half way through I realised I did not have the passion in that field anymore to complete it. This was a hard decision to make but I had to and Mum actually understood.
- Job wise I am now lecturing for over 4 years at a local college. I have taught so many different subjects but now am in Travel and Tourism and I love it. Over the years I have become actively involved in so many committees and projects and with project I learn more.
- I bought a car ! But I am not too confident on the road so I need to work on that a lot more.
- I started a blog and never in my wildest dreams did I think it would take off. My blog is called “SpiceGoddess” and is about all the things I love travel, food and culture.My blog has given me some really incredible experiences and opportunities from been in newspapers and magazines to radio.
- I have done a fair bit of travelling because of my blog. London, Abu Dhabi and Kerala have been my international stamps and not forgetting my local adventures.
- Often I get invited to so many events and keeping wishing you were around to go with me as you would have loved these events.
- I have been on a cruise ,flown on a helicopter ,been on a safari drive ,stayed on a houseboat and stayed at some of the most amazing places. YES I defo got your travel bug.
With so much happening in my life , there is not a single day when I do not miss you and wish you were still here. I know you walk beside and protect me but still I miss you ….. 5 years seems like just yesterday yet each day we still pick up the pieces and carry on….
Be Inspired !