There is myth that all women pack way too much and carry everything plus some more just incase.
I used to do that BUT not anymore as I have become wiser. Packing your Hand Luggage especially for long haul flights can be nerve wrecking as you always want to take something just incase.Over time I have learnt that there are only certain things you need to pack into your hand luggage.
Whenever I fly I use my small hand luggage bag and carry a large soft handbag.
Handbag Essentials for Travelling
1. Passport and Ticket in a Travel wallet. That way everything is kept together. It also helps that my travel wallet is bright pink and easy to locate.
2. My camera in a pouch so that it stays safe.As well as a power bank so I am always on charge.
3.My wallet which is smaller than my everyday wallet and minus all my store reward cards. I also carry a small change purse so I can keep the coins separately.
4. A notebook and pen with contact details of home and my accommodation.
6.Medication especially chronic meds and painkillers.
7. Lipgloss and a deodorant always got to look your best.
8. Small hairbrush and hairband. I have a Tangle Teezer brush which is small and lightweight.
9. Chewing gum helps preventing your ears from popping inflight and bad breathe.
10. A soft cotton scarf which doubles up as a scarf or sarong.
Now that most of what I need I have in my handbag time to pack my hand luggage :
My luggage is currently from the awesome American Tourister range.Both my bags are bright pink in my favourite colour and that of the blog. Having brightly coloured luggage is so helpful when trying to locate your bags in the sea of luggage that is on the carousel.
#Tip I often take pictures of my luggage when I travel and I recently read that this is a great way to keep evidence. In case of your bags getting misplaced this picture can help you identify and describe your bags.
I am totally in love with my luggage for several reasons :
- Bright Pink colour.
- The combination locks which mean I no longer need to worry about losing my key for my lock.
- The separator zip in each bag which allows me to separate my clothing from dirty and clean.
- The hard shell that even after travelling on a 15 day roadtrip on a bus and 6 flights later my bags were not damaged.
- The spinning wheels which make it so easy to pull along my luggage and often no need for a trolley.
- I have learnt to pack lightly and use my hand luggage as my main piece of luggage for 5 days.
Hand Luggage Essentials
1. A set of clothes including underwear incase your luggage gets lost.
2.A light jersey. The worst is arriving in a cold country from a hot country.
3.Copies of my passport and paperwork in a soft file.
4.A pair of casual foldable pumps with a pair of socks.
5. My travel pillow.
6. A book or magazine to read.
7.A plastic packet.
8. A soft and foldable shopping bag.
9. A small cosmetic bag with a face towel ,toothbrush ,toothpaste ( travel size) and moisturizer (travel size). I always safe all my samples to use when I travel.
10. A travel size pack of wet wipes for all sorts of emergencies .
Have I left anything out ? Do you have any Hand Luggage Tips to share ? Let me know in the comments.
Be Inspired !