During my 15 day #ExploreWC trip with Lerato Bambo we were the guests for 3 nights at the majestic President Hotel in Cape Town. After living literally each night in a different hotel we were rather pleased to have a home for two days where we could actually unpack and enjoy the amenities of the hotel.
We were hosted in a gorgeous 2 bedroom apartment on the sixth floor with a spectacular view of the ocean and the mountains behind us. The apartment consisted of 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms ,an outdoor balcony ,a kitchenette with a bar fridge and a Nespresso machine as well as a lounge and dining room area. It was very spacious and there was even a work station which was great instead of working from your bed.
The President is such a beautiful and regal hotel that catches your attention instantly due to the brilliant architecture. In Cape Town there are several hotels to pick but here are my reasons why you should stay here :
1. Location ! Location ! Location
Nestled in Bantry Bay this beautiful hotel commands your attention every way you look at it. The unusual design allows guests to catch fantastic sunrises and sunsets. A short drive from the V and A Waterfront and the hustle and bustle of the city centre it is no surprise why this hotel is very popular.
Firstly I must say normally I never order of a Room service menu as the food is always the same “take away” type. But I was rather surprised to find a large variety of dishes on offer including soups and even a Thai Green curry.
All dishes are prepared with quality ingredients and a menu is put together specifically for the season.With the cold weather nothing is more comforting than a huge bowl of soup and homemade breadrolls.The menu has a 2 or 3 course option and on the last night we had friends join us and it costed us R600 for 4 people and we all had a three course meal.
Also on the menu was a selection of different and oh so delicious cocktails.
The staff and service are outstanding here and yes I did feel I was a very valued guest. It is no surprise that the hotel is a popular choice for overseas travel groups and the hotel of choice for airline staff.
All the staff are professional and courteous and were very attentive to not only our needs but all guests. While in reception I overheard a guest who was from India with a travel group talk about making special food arrangements for his group. The staff were very helpful as these guests need a food to be prepared according to the dietary and religious habits. A chef from the hotel was allocated to oversee the meals of these specific guests.
A wide variety of facilities are found on the premises that make your stay here very relaxed and pleasant. Breakfast Boxes can be arranged the night before if you have an early morning start.
- A laundry service is available.
- There is a business centre with photocopying and fax facilities.
- A curio shop for all those last-minute gifts.
- Hair Salon and nail bar to always ensure you look your best.
- Boardroom and conferencing facilities are available.
- A gorgeous infinity pool to relax poolside.
- The Islands Restaurant is renowned in Cape Town for the best Breakfast Buffet.
- The Senate Bar serves a selection of classic and contemporary cocktails as well as artisanal coffees.
The rooms were all spacious and bright giving the feeling of a holiday apartment rather than a hotel. Having a kitchenette is rather useful if you prefer eating inside your room. I love the fact that there is a Nespresso machine so I could get my Java Fix and a bar fridge to keep refreshments cold.
- Each room gets complimentary 500MB per day.
- 24 hour room service.
- In room spa is available on request.
- A turn down service is available on request which is perfect as you do not want someone walking in on you.
- A Flat screen TV with satellite is facilities can be found. There are 3 TV’s one in each bedroom and one in the lounge area.
- Individually controlled heating and cooling in each room.
Next time you are in Cape Town ,you should pick The President Hotel to experience what I did.
Contact Details :
Address : 4 Alexander Road , Bantry Bay
Email : email@example.com
Contact : +27 (21) 4348111
Be Inspired !
P.S I was a guest of The President Hotel and all my opinions are my own.