Happy 2016 !
This new year is feeling rather incredible already just two days in. There seems to be a lot of positive energies around and everyone is optimistic about the year ahead.
Last year was pretty awesome but my gut feeling is that 2016 is going to be incredible and filled with all sorts of magic and adventures. I have high expectations for this year.
Just before the New Year , there were loads of quizzes and blog posts about picking a word for 2016. This is something I had never dine but was keen to try it out. No word stood out so I forgot about it until I came across one of them Quizzes on Facebook that picked a word for you and low and behold the word it selected for me was LOVE. I want to fill 2016 with all sorts of LOVE in and my life and hopefully the Love of my life will finally find his way to me. Love is a simple word with so many meanings, often used without meaning it so please make sure you mean it when you use it.
I dislike the word Resolutions, because there is so much pressure to achieve this. And the sad reality is that for most of us we do not achieve it pass the first month of the year. So instead I use the word Goals which suggests no pressure and can be a work in progress. Going on a blog break this holiday meant , I had time to reflect on me , the year that was and what did I want to achieve in 2016.
A few tips :
- Set realistic goals.
- Keep the goal simple.
- Keep a record of Goals so you have a reminder.
My Goals for 2016 :
- Take care of my body,mind and soul. This means eating healthy ,getting some exercise ,stop stressing and letting go of things give me stress.
- Say YES to more opportunities and this might mean stepping outside of my comfort zone.
- Put myself out there. Make myself visible to the world.
- Read more. I have set myself a Goal of 20 complete ( not reading halfway) books for 2016.
- Start doing meditation. The wonders of this is immense so keen to get this started.
- Last year , I started to watch a TedX video every night before I left. Doing this left me feeling inspired. So this year I am going to start doing this again. I hope someday to be invited as a speaker to TedX.
- Travel locally and internationally. This will be great for my blog as well.
- Be grateful and a kind human always.
- Start driving !
10.Work on the Spicegoddess Brand making it a name that is on every PR list and will be giving me a source of income.
The New Year , gives one hope and the courage to believe in their dreams and aspirations. I wish you an Incredible 2016 filled with love and all sorts of Magic. But most of all ….
Share your Goals for 2016 with me, I would love to know.
Be Inspired !