Last week I came across this rather funny but very true post on Buzzfeed. I decided to share my top 15 of the List :
1. You spend a significant amount of your time and money on hair removal, in various forms.
Yes all forms of torture waxing , threading , sugaring , plucking and bleaching
2. You regularly receive Facebook friend requests from middle-aged men in suburban India with whom you have zero mutual friends.
3. You were raised to fear the sun because your grandmother would disown you if your skin got darker.
Or you wouldn’t get married as milky tea coloured skin was more desirable in a girl
Hello parents its 2014 not 1820 but then saying that I am kinda off Indian guys at the moment
5. No matter how old you get, you have to give your parents a detailed itinerary every time you leave home.
Gee whizz I feel like I am 5 ! How am I meant to meet a nice boy?
6. Nothing cheers you up like rocking out to your Bollywood jams.
Good old Bollywood tracks always get me bopping.
7. If you ever got sick, you were forced to eat ginger and drink honey, regardless of the ailment.
Force fed home remedies let’s not forget Castor Oil yukkkkk
Thank you Bollywood for this rose tinted glasses. Sorry, current and future boyfriends.
9. You have some serious swearing abilities and you aren’t afraid to use them.
True story the first words I learn in any language are the swear words so don’t make me angry cause I will go all foreign on you.
10. Your other special talent: bargaining.
In my case always a bargain hunter, hate paying full price
11. In your vocabulary, chai = gossip.
Isn’t it a universal language
12. You never had sex ed at school, so you learned about sex from questionable sources.
Defo no Birds and the bees chat with the parents.
13. But you know that there’s nothing in the world more flattering than a sari and some confidence.
Hell yes very sexy, all men love a woman in a sari.
Yes Oz, New Zealand, Canada, California, Mauritius.
15. And you wouldn’t trade your loud, chaotic, and colorful life for all the samosas in the world.
Totally love my colourful culture, religion and history.
Am sure many of you reading this post are nodding and saying yes true story lol.
I love who and what I am and totally proud to be Indian.
I am leaving you with a video of one of my fav Bollywood Tracks that always gets my entire family young and old on the dance floor: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bILcP_SmqVY