As a traveller , I always looking for good deals when it comes to airline flights and accommodation . During my time of living abroad in London I often flew with Emirates because their ticket prices were relatively cheaper than other airlines. But after my most recent trip to Dubai I realised just how much I really love travelling with Emirates.
With Emirates now flying out twice daily from King Shaka International Airport this is a clear indication that this airline is becoming an airline of choice of Durbanites. Not mentioning that literally all flights are fully booked. I love that this airline goes to 150 different destinations globally now for a traveller this makes this airline one I would defo choose over and over again. Emirates has introduced its First-Class cabin in Durban in conjunction with the airline’s seasonal frequency increase of four additional flights a week, bringing the airline’s award-winning, luxury travel experience to the coastal city.
During the seasonal increase from 14 June to 04 August 2019, travellers to and from Durban can enjoy the Emirates’ First Class cabins on the airline’s Boeing 777-300ER. The aircraft will operate the additional flights in a three-class cabin configuration, offering eight seats in First Class, 42 in Business Class and 310 spacious seats in Economy Class.
Fouad Caunhye, Regional Manager of Emirates Southern Africa, said, “As we approach 10 years of operations to Durban, introducing our award-winning First Class experience is a milestone in our history of operations to the city. Travellers will have an opportunity to experience the luxury product offering the Emirates is so well-known for, whether they are heading to Dubai or as they connecting to popular destinations across our network including India, UK and the Far East. After recently spending six days in Dubai, I have come to the conclusion that every time I fly through Dubai I am definitely going to stay over for a few days.
So why do I LOVE flying on Emirates ?
- Firstly the fact that there is a direct flight out of Durban and this means not connecting via Johannesburg before connecting again. I once travelled to Kerala had to connect via Johannesburg and Abu Dhabi. I was literally travelling for two days before reaching my destination and I was physically drained. So been able to cut down on travelling time makes sense and means I get to spend more time at my end destination.
- As a frequent flyer using Emirates and signing up to the Skywards rewards programme helps you gain miles and reap fantastic rewards and discounts.
- The price of flying with Emirates is fairly competitive and they often have seat flights so sign up and never miss out on their deals.
- Being a Vodacom Red customer means I get up to 50% off base fares when booking with Emirates directly.
- Emirates has been Voted the Best Airline in the World for 13 years in a row on Tripadvisor and yes I totally agree with this one.
- The seats as a plus size lady airplane seats always give me anxiety but with Emirates the seat are comfy and I do not feel so boxed in.
- The food on-board Emirates flights are of a very high standard and full of flavour. The Hindu vegetarian meals are delish and got Mum’s thumbs up. On the Durban route a Durban inspired menu has now been introduced and I had a Fish Curry that was divine and reminded me of my Gran’s cooking. On all Emirates flights, customers can enjoy a selection of the finest cuisine prepared by gourmet chefs, accompanied by some of the most exclusive wines, champagnes and spirits in the world.First class passengers can order an a la carte multi-course meals created by top international chefs from an
extensive menu. The menu is on demand and an order can be placed at any time during the flight. A complete range of drinks, alcoholic and non-alcoholic, is available on a complimentary basis. Emirates serves more than 100 million meals a year with the same attention to detail in First, Business and Economy Class ,Emirates focuses on simple, well cooked dishes that emphasises fresh ingredients of the highest quality. Emirates ensures that the meals served on board are
inspired by the region of travel and the destination.
- The inflight entertainment is amazing and I love been able to catch up on Hollywood and Bollywood movies I have missed.Passengers in every cabin class can access more than 4 000 channels of visual and audio entertainment on the airline’s award-winning ice system that features the latest movies, music, audiobooks and games.
- On an average flight one can find cabin crew from atleast 12 different countries speaking roughly speaking over 20 languages.
- As a Discovery Medical aid member with a Vitality account I also get discounts on Emirates flights.
- Arabian Adventures is apart of the Emirates group and is amazingly helpful at arranging visas, transfers and booking tours.
- With the My Emirates Pass all Emirates passengers get discounts on meals, shows , shopping and activities. Some offerings are up to 50% off.
- Arabian Adventures also offer all Emirates passengers discounts on their tours.
- Flights are rarely delayed and make it such a pleasure not to run through the airport like Usain Bolt to get to your connecting flight.
- CHAUFFEUR-DRIVE SERVICE -A Chauffer driver collects passengers flying business/ first class from their doorstep to the airport. On arrival a driver is available to chauffer passengers to their destination. Chauffeur-drive service is in over 75 cities worldwide.
- Emirates have some of the most amazing lounges for their passengers. The first and business class lounges offer a premium cigar lounge, a la carte dining and shoe- shining services. A full range of gourmet cuisine – prepared on-site by
Emirates Chefs – a complimentary full bar service, shower facilities, a health spa, wine cellar and a dedicated children’s play area. The lounge features three distinct concept areas: a barista
experience in partnership with Costa Coffee; a Health hub with Voss water featuring healthier food and beverage
options; and an exclusive first-of-its-kind Moët & Chandon champagne lounge designed for Emirates, all of which are
complimentary for guests.
These are just some reasons why I love flying on Emirates,The staff are always so helpful and polite and there is no request that they try not to fulfil. I mean my air steward made me a cocktail 🙂 I look forward to travelling on my favourite airline again and hopefully getting to experience the First and Business class cabins… yes a girl can dream.
Be Inspired !